For Bidx.com agencies
In this article:
Apparent bids can be entered either at the letting level or at the proposal level. Bids that are downloaded using the Bid Opener will already be listed. The entry with the low bid is displayed first in the list. When you add an entry, it will not be sorted into the list of apparent bids until you reload the page.
If you need to mark a bid as non-responsive, select the Non-Responsive check box for that bid. Enter an explanation in the Reason field.
You can choose to automatically populate the apparent bid entries with vendor information by using the Bidding Options on the Manage Agency Settings page.
If a company submitted a manual bid, the company information must be uploaded into the Bid Express® service before its bidder ID can be entered on the Apparent Bids page.
- Open the letting or proposal as an administrator.
- If necessary, click Manage Apparent Bids for this Letting.
Enter or edit apparent bids
You can enter or edit apparent bids at either the letting or proposal level. You can only enter apparent bids after the deadline has passed.
- Click Apparent Bids: Enter to open the Apparent Bids page.
- If you are entering apparent bids at the letting level, make sure the proposal displayed in the Select Proposal list is correct. If not, select the correct proposal from the drop-down list or use the navigation arrows above the Apparent Bid Entry table to select the correct proposal.
- Click Add new bid.
- For each bid, enter the bidder ID or the company name in the Bidder ID field if it is not already populated. When you start typing, the Bid Express® service displays a list of bidder IDs or company names that contain the characters entered. Depending on your agency settings, this list may be limited to vendors, plan holders, or eligible bidders. Also depending on your settings, you may be able to press the down arrow key on your keyboard twice to bring up a list of all eligible bidders.
- Select the Non-Responsive check box if the bid is non-responsive. Enter the reason marking the bid this way in the Reason or Remarks comment field. This field may have a different label, depending on your agency settings.
- Enter any DBE information, if applicable.
- Enter the bid amount in the Bid Amount field. This field must be populated in order to publish the bid entry.
- If you are using custom fields for the apparent bid entry, enter the information in those fields.
- Click Add new bid if you have more bids to enter. When you are finished, click Save to save the bids, or click Publish to make the bids public.
- Click OK. The Bid Express service saves or publishes the bids and returns you to the letting or proposal.
Publish apparent bids
You can publish the apparent bids any time after the Open Bids utility has run. You can also save the apparent bids for a proposal without publishing them.
Bids are marked as public when the bids are opened.
Post all bids for a letting
- Click Publish letting from the Apparent Bid Entry page.
- Click OK in the confirmation window.
Post apparent by proposal
- Click Edit bids if you don't see the Publish button.
- Click Publish to post the apparent bids for the current proposal, or click Save to save the bids.
- Click OK in the confirmation window.
Use the arrow keys next to the letting title to move to the next proposal or select the proposal from the drop-down list.
Use the navigation arrows next to the proposal name to move to the next bid. If you are entering bids from the Lettings level, you can also select the proposal from the drop-down menu.
Delete apparent bids
- Click Edit bids.
- Click the X next to the bid for the entry you wish to delete.
- If the bid has data in either the DBE or Bid field, the Bid Express® service asks you to confirm the delete. Click OK. The Bid Express service deletes the unwanted bid.
- When you are finished, click Publish. The bid will be removed from the list of apparent bids.