Create a personal access token from your Infotech account to give other software products and services a way to communicate and exchange information. After the token is created, you’ll need to have a script or instructions for how the other software can communicate. You do need some technical experience to set up the script, so you may have to ask a developer or a member of your IT department for help.
When you create the token, you set the scope on what and how much the other software can access, depending on your own access in the Infotech service. This scope can be changed.
Once the scope is set, you’ll get a token code. The code is what the developer will need to set up the script with the other services.
- From the service's home page, add /api to the end of the address. For example, if you're using the Doc Express service, the address would look like www.docexpress.com/api.
- Click Create a Personal Access Token to go to the Personal Access Tokens page.
Create new token
From the Personal Access Tokens page
- Click Generate new token on the Personal Access Tokens page.
- Name the token.
- Scroll to the services you want and select the scope of the token’s access.
- Click Generate new token.
- Copy the token code immediately and keep it somewhere safe. The service won’t display it again.
- When you’re finished, click Done.
You can now use or distribute the token to use with the Infotech service.
Edit the token if you need to keep the same code but change the scope on what the token can access. The service won’t generate a new token code.
- With the Personal Access Tokens page open, click the token name.
- Select or clear the check boxes of the scopes you want to change.
- Click Update token.
- Click Close.
Delete the token when you no longer need it or you want to remove access.
- With the Personal Access Tokens page open, click the three horizontal dots for the token.
- Select Delete token.
- Click Yes, delete token.