In this article:
- Apply for a Digital ID | Create a new backup of your ID | Import your Digital ID to a new device | Replace a lost ID | Renew your Digital ID
An Infotech® Digital ID™ confirms your identity as the authorized signer for your company and allows you to securely sign items, such as bids, contracts, or documents, in an Infotech service.
The authorized signer for your company must have a Digital ID created and approved before they can perform the following tasks:
- Advertise, issue addenda, and conduct bid openings on Digital ID solicitations (Bid Express owner-agency)
- Complete electronic bid forms and submit bids on Digital ID solicitations (Bid Express vendor)
- Securely sign documents (Doc Express® user)
Create a new Digital ID
Creating a brand new Digital ID? You will need to verify your email address and your identity. Expand the section below for a step-by-step guide.
To create a brand new Digital ID:
- Go to My Account and click on the Digital ID tab.
- Click Create Digital ID.
A new window will appear to walk you through the following steps of the Digital ID creation process.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code that was sent to your email into the verification code entry field in the Digital ID creation wizard.
- Click Submit.
- Enter your personal information into the available fields of the Tell us who you are page.
- Note: some of these fields cannot be changed.
- Read all terms and conditions and select I understand and agree to confirm.
- When all of the required fields are complete, click Continue.
- Wait a moment on the Confirm your identity page while the service generates your identity verification questions. The page will update when the questions are ready.
- Note: If the name on your Bid Express account does not match your legal name, you will receive an error. Return to My Account and update your personal information by clicking Edit.
- Select the correct answer for each question.
- Click Submit.
The service will begin processing and verifying your Digital ID. Wait for the Digital ID page to update when your Digital ID is approved and automatically installed.
- Note: You will see an install button, but no need to click. The install is now automatic.
Next, you will see a modal where you can back up your Digital ID. We recommend that you immediately download a backup of your Digital ID and save it to a secure, external location. You will need to install the backup ID onto any new computer or browser you may want to use in the future. Without a backup ID, the computer and browser you used to create the Digital ID will be the only location where you can manage solicitations, submit bids, or sign documents.
Backup your Digital ID
A backup copy of your Digital ID should have been made during the installation process, but you can make another backup if you misplace the first or forget the backup's password.
If you don't have access to the computer or device where your original ID was created, and if you don't have the backup, you may need to replace your Digital ID.
To create a new backup of your Digital ID:
- Go to the My Account page and select the Digital ID tab from the left sidebar.
- Click Back Up.
- Click Back Up Your Digital ID and follow the instructions.
Do you see a Save As window?
- Yes: In the window, find the external device where you want to save your backup ID and hit Save.
- No: Your backup ID was most likely automatically saved to your Downloads folder. Cut and paste to an external device for safekeeping.
Your backup Digital ID is saved as a JSON file and the service returns you to the Digital ID page. If needed, you can then import your ID to a different computer or browser.
Import your Digital ID to a new machine
Your Digital ID will only work on the machine and browser that you first used to create it. If you want to use your ID on a different machine or browser, you have to import it first.
Once you have located your backup ID:
- From the Digital ID tab of My Account page, click Import.
- Click Select Backup File from the new screen.
- Find your backup ID file (it's in JSON format), select it, and click Open.
Congratulations! When you see the confirmation message, you have successfully imported your Digital ID. The service will return you to the Digital ID page.
Replace a lost Digital ID
You may have lost your Digital ID by getting a new computer, losing access to your old one, or wiping its memory.
First we'll show you how to check for your backup ID, then how to replace it if you don't have your backup.
Before replacing your Digital ID, look for your backup ID. It will have a .json file name. You were encouraged to save the backup ID to an external location when you were initially approved for the Digital ID.
If you no longer have a copy of your backup ID, you can easily create a new Digital ID by following the instructions for renewing your ID.
Renew your Digital ID
When it's time to renew your Infotech Digital ID, you'll get an automated email letting you know that your ID is about to expire. From that email you can click a link called your account.
The process to renew an ID is almost the same as creating one. Expand the sections below to learn how to renew your ID.
If you click the link provided in the renewal notice email, it will take you to a page called My Account. You can also get there by signing into Bid Express and clicking My Account from the top right corner of the window.
To renew your Digital ID:
- Click on the Digital ID tab from the sidebar menu.
- An info box at the bottom of the screen says "Start over with new Digital ID" and contains a link titled "Create New Infotech Digital ID." You'll click this "Create New" link, but don't worry--the system knows that you actually just need to renew it. We'll send you an email with a security code.
- From here, you'll follow the prompts in the Renew Your Infotech Digital ID walkthrough wizard. You'll need your account password and that security code from your email.
- The page will automatically refresh when your new ID is ready.
Note: The renewal process creates a Digital ID with all of the same information as your last one. If your name has changed, you'll need to create a totally new ID by exiting out of the modal and returning to My Account to edit your personal information and create a new ID.