Once your Digital ID has been verified, you have to install it.
Before you begin
- When installing the ID, log in to the Infotech service from the same device and use the same browser as when you created the ID. You'll see a message if you're using the wrong browser.
- Create the backup ID when prompted and save it to an external media, such as a flash drive. You’ll need it if you use a different computer or if you experience data loss. If you create the ID on Laptop using Chrome, you can’t use it on Laptop using Edge or Desktop using Chrome unless you import it. The service will let you know if you have to import your ID.
- The service does not keep a copy of your ID file.
- If you haven’t yet deleted the backup file of your old Digital ID, now’s a good time to do it.
Install your Digital ID and create a backup
Once your business information has been checked, you’ll receive an email with a link to install your ID.
- Click the link, or log in to your account. You can manage the installation of your Digital ID from the Digital ID tab of the My Account page.
- Click Install Digital ID.
- Create your backup ID by clicking Back Up Your Digital ID and follow the instructions.
- If you see a Save As window, navigate to the flash drive or other external media where you will save your backup Digital ID. If you don’t see the window, your backup ID was saved in your Downloads folder. Copy the backup to the flash drive or other external media.
Your backup ID is saved as a JSON file.
Digital ID test or import
Once you’ve applied for, installed, and made a backup copy of your Digital ID, give it a whirl. Use a different browser or computer and import your backup ID. If you can import it without any problems, your ID is good to go.
- Log in to your account using a different browser than the one where your Digital ID was created. For example, if you created the ID using Chrome, log in to the service using Edge.
- Click Digital ID from the sidebar menu of the My Account pages.
- If you see a message that the service couldn’t find your Digital ID, then you’re using a good browser to test your ID. If you don’t see the message, use a different browser.
- Click Import my Digital ID and follow the directions.
- Navigate to and select your backup ID file. It will be named FIRST LAST Digital ID.json. Click Open.
If your ID didn’t import, please contact customer support at email@example.com or (888) 352-2439. We'll be happy to assist you.