Are you and your team using the Appia® service for the first time? Welcome! Here you'll learn all about ordering new licenses and getting started.
Expand the sections below to learn more.
How many licenses do I need?
Licenses allow users in your agency or business to use all of the contract management features of the Appia service. While your business only needs to have one Appia account, each user on that account needs their own license (other than Read Only and Reviewer roles).
Decide how many licenses your business will need using information in the sections below.
There are two types of licenses in the Appia service, standard and extended. First determine how long you expect your project(s) to take and then choose from the options below.
The standard license is valid for 12 months after the purchase date. Keep in mind that you can always renew your licenses for longer than the initial 12 month period.
With the extended license, you can pick any number of months from 13-36 months. The extended licenses will be valid for that period.
User roles assigned in Appia determine what level of access and ability to act on a project the user has.
Read only and reviewer roles can see project data, but not take any action on it. These users do not need a license.
For users who will need to take action on a project--like adding daily reports or change orders--you will need to assign them a license.
See our guide to user roles and permissions to help determine how many licenses you should purchase for your organization.
I'm ready to purchase licenses
Great! You know how many licenses you need and for how long. It's time to order your licenses and start taking advantage of Appia's construction management features!
To purchase licenses, click here to access the Infotech order page. It looks like this:
Once you fill out your business's contact and billing information, you'll see the order screen. Enter a project name if you want one to show on the invoice. Select your start date, total users, and expiration length for your license set.
Click Continue. You'll be prompted to enter your payment information on the next screen.
At checkout, you have two payment options:
- Credit cards can be used to pay any amount. Get help paying by credit card.
- Purchase orders or billing by invoice can be used only if your total is over $1,000.
- To pay by PO/invoice, select "Purchase order" and provide either a purchase order number or type "Bill Me" in the "Purchase order number" field. Your order will then be processed and an invoice emailed to you within a week.
Sales tax will be added where applicable.
Tax exempt agencies:
- You may be charged sales tax at checkout.
- If you paid with a credit card, the sales tax will be credited back to the credit card used.
- If you paid by purchase order or invoice, the sales tax will not be included on the final invoice.